Pest Control In Olney, MD
Once a primarily rural agricultural area, Olney, Maryland, is now a happening place. Situated in the north-central part of Montgomery County, it is only 10-miles north of Washington, D.C. Far from being a simple commuter community, Olney offers an excellent living experience and has become one of the hottest housing markets in the area.
With a thriving population of almost 36,000 residents according to the 2020 United States census, it has been ranked high in Money magazine’s “top-earning towns” and has also ranked in the top 20 in the 100 best places to live in the United States.
Olney is a great place to live and work and is close to major metropolitan areas. Unfortunately, people aren’t the only thing that loves the Montgomery County area. Bugs do too. This is one of the reasons why home pest control services in the area are vital to everyday life.
Let Womack Pest Control help keep you happy and bug-free with Montgomery County pest control. Contact us today to discuss our home pest control services.
Residential Pest Control In Olney
The housing market in Olney, Maryland, is red hot. Houses command great prices and sell quickly. Every day, more people realize what Olney has to offer and are setting their sights on the area.
Unfortunately, pest infestations cause unnecessary problems for homeowners. Pests damage homes, causing expensive repairs. Mice are particularly good at this. Rodents can generate up to $19 billion annually in damage to homes and businesses.
Once in your home, pests cause more than damage. They can dampen the homeowner's experience and even damage health. This is particularly true when considering children.
Womack Pest Control can assist you in protecting your home from pest-related damage and preventing pests from hurting your health.
Every one of our valued local residential pest control clients can expect:
- Comprehensive inspections
- Customized pest control programs
- State of the art residential treatments
- Call us today to discuss how we can help you keep your home happy and healthy with local residential pest control.
Commercial Pest Control In Olney
Olney has a thriving, fast-paced business environment growing by leaps and bounds. Businesses continue to expand and prosper, making the area excellent for commercial property owners.
However, pest invasions can hurt these business operations. They can damage vital equipment, causing work stoppages and delays, and divert critical staffing needed elsewhere.
In addition, pests discourage and worry employees, damage products, and potentially affect downstream clients, causing unwanted complications. To make matters worse, pest infestations are known to harm employees, causing dissatisfaction and even labor shortages.
Further, pest invasions might trigger a visit from the health department, potentially leading to expensive and inconvenient corrective actions.
Womack Pest Control can get between you and unwanted invaders, allowing you to worry about running your business instead of running from pests.
We are proud to provide commercial pest control services to industries such as:
- Retail outlets and large malls
- Commercial kitchens and restaurants
- Distribution centers or warehouses
- Email us today to discover how our commercial pest control services can help you keep your business efficient, productive, and, most importantly, pest-free!
Most Common Cockroaches Found In Olney
Let’s talk about cockroaches. There are five species of roaches that call Olney Maryland home:
- German Cockroach: Capable of moving through tiny spaces, the German cockroach is the most common. They love food, water, and warmth and are often found in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Brown-Banded Cockroach: Roughly the same size as the German cockroach, the Brown-Banded roach prefers warm, dry places and loves to nest in furniture and appliances.
- American Cockroach: The American cockroach prefers commercial buildings, especially warehouses.
- Oriental Cockroach: The Oriental roach loves basements. The damper, the better.
- Pennsylvania Wood Cockroach: Encountered more often in summer, the Pennsylvania Wood Cockroach is attracted to your home by the light coming through the windows.
Olney has many different types of cockroaches to worry about, but a call or email to Womack Pest Control can remove your worry in a hurry. Contact us today to see how we can coach you about roaches.
Mastering Mouse Infestations In Olney
Mouse infestations are no joke. Once mice get in, they get to work setting up their place and damaging yours. They chew wires, tear up insulation, destroy merchandise and food stores, and that’s just the beginning. The longer they are there, the more they multiply, making a bad problem worse.
Fortunately, there are ways to deal with them:
- Don’t Welcome Them In: Mice naturally explore openings, and any gap in your home or business will attract the attention of a mouse. Exterior inspections and quality repairs will remove the welcome mat for mice, making it harder for them to visit.
- Don’t Feed Them: If mice make it into your home and find something good to eat, they will stay. Keep kitchens and eating areas clean. Empty trash regularly. Store foods in strong, airtight containers.
- Don’t Help Them Build: A cluttered environment can offer mice excellent building materials. Maintain clean work and storage areas to avoid helping mice furnish their homes.
- Keep An Eye Out: Use professional pest control services to inspect and treat regularly to keep mice from becoming a problem.
Womack Pest Control has been in business in the Montgomery County and greater Maryland area since 1943. We have extensive experience dealing with mice. Contact us today and let us help you with your mouse infestations or keep mice from becoming a problem in the first place.
Here’s Why You Should Call The Pros If You Are Seeing Bed Bugs Around Your Olney Property
When you think about common pests that invade Olney homes, bed bugs probably aren’t high on the list. While most people are aware of bed bugs, they think they are only an issue in dirty old roadside motels or overcrowded apartments in big cities. Unfortunately, bed bugs are also a growing issue for residential communities like Olney.
If you see signs of bed bugs in your home, you need to act immediately. These signs include:
- Reddish-brown fecal stains on mattresses, walls, and upholstery
- Molted bed bug skins, sticky eggs, or empty egg shells
- Itchy red bites on areas of skin exposed while sleeping
- Blood stains on pillows or mattresses
The best thing to do if you see any of these signs is to call us at Womack Pest Control immediately.
Professional bed bug control is the only way to guarantee that your bed bug infestation is completely eliminated and doesn’t spread. That is precisely what we do here at Womack Pest Control. We’ll inspect your home to confirm the bed bug problem, help you prep your home for treatment, eliminate the bed bugs in your home, and schedule follow-up appointments as necessary to keep your home bed bug-free.
Mini Guide To Minimizing Mosquito Exposure In Olney
Mosquitoes are one of the worst pests you can have hanging around your home and yard. These bugs can show up out of nowhere and ruin even the most enjoyable outdoor events. From barbeques to outdoor weddings, mosquitoes buzz in and drive people inside. Not only are mosquitoes annoying, but they can also be dangerous. These bloodsuckers can leave you covered in painful bites and even spread dangerous diseases.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to make your property less inviting to mosquitoes. The number one thing you can do on your own is to eliminate the standing water around your property. Some areas where standing water can accumulate include:
- Empty flower pots
- Kiddie pools
- Low-lying areas of your yard
Along with eliminating sources of standing water, the best thing you can do to limit your mosquito exposure is to partner with us for professional mosquito control. We’ll apply an exterior mist treatment to your lawn every three weeks for the duration of mosquito season, keeping your property mosquito-free. We also offer one-time treatments to eliminate mosquitoes before big events. Call us at Womack Pest Control today for all your mosquito control needs, and let us take care of them!
The Secret To Keeping Spiders Out Of Your Olney Home
Spiders have made their way into our fears and nightmares. In fact, arachnophobia is one of the top five fears of people across the United States. But despite their place in horror movies and Halloween decorations, most spiders aren’t as scary as pop culture makes them out to be. Most spiders actually prefer to hide in the dark corners of our homes and be left alone. Even though most spiders aren’t dangerous, you still don’t want them hanging around and making webs in your home.
One of the secrets to keeping spiders out of your home is to prevent them from getting in. You can do so with the following steps:
- Remove spider webs when you find them
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home
- Inspect groceries and boxes for small spiders
- Examine seasonal outdoor decorations before storing them
The other key to spider control around your Olney home is eliminating the pests that spiders prey on. The best way to do this is to work with us for professional pest control for your house. We’ll eliminate the spiders in your home and the other small, annoying, and potentially dangerous pests that attract them.
The Importance Of Termite Awareness For Your Olney Property
Termites, known as “the silent destroyers,” are one of the most destructive and costly pests you can have around your Olney home. These wood-destroying insects cause an estimated five billion dollars in damage annually across the United States, with each individual bill for termite repair typically costing over a thousand dollars.
Knowing the signs of termites around your property is the key to avoiding these destructive pests. Some of these signs include:
- Small holes in wood
- Uneven or bubbling paint
- Wood that appears water damaged
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Mud tubes on the outside of your home
- Discarded termite swarmer wings around your windows and doors
Seeing any of these signs clearly indicates a termite infestation around your home, so call us immediately for professional termite control if you come across these warning signs. If you catch the infestation early, we can eliminate it before it spreads and costs you more money. We also offer termite prevention at Womack Pest Control to help keep these destructive pests away. We’ll build a barrier of protection around the exterior of your home using top-of-the-line Termidor® products that are guaranteed to keep your home and property termite free.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Very thorough, Quality of work is better than any franchise companies!