Rodents Are Relentless Pests In Washington D.C. Area Homes
Nobody likes the idea of mice and rats running around their home. A rodent infestation may seem gross and inconvenient, but there’s far more to it than that; rodents cause many problems for Washington D.C. area homeowners. Rodents such as mice and rats spread diseases, damage properties, and can even cause electrical fires with their chewing habits. These pests also multiply rapidly, and a small number of rodents in your house can quickly become a full-blown infestation.
When you discover a rodent infestation in your home or business, it is important to take action before it grows out of hand. Womack Pest Control offers outstanding rodent control services throughout the Washington D.C. area. We have served Carroll County, Howard County, and several Maryland service areas since 1943. Because we are a local, family owned and operated pest control company, we are well aware of the different pest problems our community faces, and we are eager to help. Contact our rodent control experts today to get started!
Our Washington D.C. Area Rodent Control
Our rodent control services in Carroll County begin with a thorough inspection of your property. Our pest management specialists look for possible entry points and conducive conditions. We identify the presence of rodents by looking for signs of rodents such as:
- Droppings around the home, particularly in cupboards and drawers and near food or food products.
- Holes chewed through floors and walls.
- Nests or nesting material such as shredded paper, fabric, or dried plant matter.
- Oily urine streaks.
- Signs of chewing near stored food or food products.
- Stale odors.
Once we complete our inspection, we begin our treatment process. Womack Pest Control practices services grounded in Integrated Pest Management (IPM). We perform effective services that eliminate active rodent infestations while also preventing future problems from occurring. Our team offers rodent baiting and trapping services and rodent exclusion services as an alternative. This approach is friendly for children and pets, so you’ll never have to fear for the safety of those you love!
Our recurring rodent control service includes necessary services between scheduled visits. Reach out today to learn more.
Expert Rodent Prevention Tips
Eliminating a rodent infestation is a challenging task. Therefore, it’s more manageable to work on prevention techniques to keep rodents from entering your home in the first place. You can start by implementing the following rodent prevention tips in your home to keep mice and rats at bay.
- Eliminate food sources: Store all food in airtight containers. Keep food debris and spills cleaned up and all garbage in the appropriate receptacles. Eliminating food sources removes the main resource rats search for when entering a home.
- Perform exterior home maintenance: Maintain your property by preventing your grass, shrubs, and gardens from overgrowing. We also recommend keeping garbage in bins with tight-fitting lids to prevent animals from scattering it across your property.
- Seal entry points: Inspect your home regularly, searching for possible rodent entry points. Some general areas of entry include holes or cracks in the foundation and areas around utility lines. Seal these areas using caulk, cement, or a mixing compound, depending on which is most appropriate. Avoid using materials such as wood that mice and rats can chew through.
Womack Pest Control Is Here For You!
Dealing with a home overrun by mice or rats is challenging, and eliminating a rodent problem requires more knowledge of rodent behavior to prevail. Luckily for you, the pest management specialists at Womack Pest Control are well versed in rodent behavior and the dangers they pose. We have been serving expert pest control in the Washington D.C. area since 1943, and you can trust us to take care of whatever pest problem you may have. Call us today to learn more about our professional home pest control and commercial pest management programs!
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Very thorough, Quality of work is better than any franchise companies!