Expert Pest Control Solutions In Germantown, MD
Is it common for you to walk into your bathroom and find a big ugly centipede clinging to your wall? Do spiders and their webs appear around your home? When you're tending to your landscaping, do you have to avoid tiny wasps hanging out near the ground? These and other pest issues are common in Germantown - if you don't have ongoing pest control service or guidance for reducing pest problems.
At Womack Pest Control, we offer both. We share tips for how you can naturally prevent pest problems and we provide maintenance and treatments to protect vulnerable points on your exterior. If you've been thinking about getting Montgomery County pest control or you want some great ideas for natural pest control in Germantown, read on.
Residential Pest Control In Germantown, MD
When potential pests enter your yard or explore your perimeter, there are some clever ways you can deter them naturally. Here are some recommendations we share with our residential pest control customers:
- Remove spider webs and spider eggs attached to webs to reduce spider populations around your home.
- Store dead branches in a plastic bin rather than on the ground to keep those branches from being a food source for subterranean termites.
- Pick clutter up to make your yard less attractive to mice and rats. These rodents use objects on the ground to help them navigate by touch.
- Clean your gutters and repair your gutter system to reduce perimeter moisture, a strong attractant for many pests.
- Address flowering weed problems throughout your lawn. Nectar is a desirable food source for wasps, bees, mosquitoes, ants, and other pests.
- Use a caulking gun to seal gaps and fill in holes in your exterior.
Some natural pest maintenance is best done by you, tasks such as replacing weatherstripping, repairing rotted wood, or installing a dehumidifier in your home. We help with natural pest maintenance jobs such as de-webbing, wasp nest removal, and exclusions. On top of pest maintenance, we apply appropriate treatments to add an extra layer of protection or to bolster your defense in vulnerable areas.
At Womack Pest Control, we use a scientific process to identify pest pressures, locate breeding sites, and discover conducive conditions before offering treatments and recommendations to get the highest level of protection with the least amount of pest control materials.
Commercial Pest Control In Germantown, MD
There are many industries in Germantown, and pest management can vary significantly from one business to the next. What pest services you need and what pest prevention is possible with your staff will depend on your industry.
We offer the treatments and recommendations to get the level of pest protection required. Our IPM-trained technicians use modern advancements in science to outsmart pests and target them as much as possible. Schedule a consultation and initial inspection with one of our commercial pest control service professionals to get started.
Why Homes In Germantown Need Professional Termite Protection
The termites we battle in Germantown are subterranean termites, the most destructive termites in the United States. These termites cost U.S. property owners over $5 billion annually. When you get professional termite pest control, you decide how much you will allow termites to cost.
Rather than having termites surprise you with costly property repairs, you can put the cost of your termite control right into your budget as a line item. There are enough surprises in life, aren't there? Reach out to Womack Pest Control today for a termite inspection and let our certified professionals guide you toward the best solution for your specific needs and budget.
What To Do About Rats On Your Germantown Property
When you see a rat in your yard, you can tell quite a bit about it by its color. Black rats are roof rats. They tend to climb trees and get onto roofs. When black rats get into your home, they're likely to stay permanently.
Brown rats are Norway rats. They're also referred to as ground rats because they often dig underground burrows. A brown rat is likely to go in and out of your home or business—though they can take up residence inside manufactured structures. These rats are capable climbers but will probably get into a crawl space, shed, storage closet, garage, or basement.
Here are a few tips to help you with black and brown rats:
- Trim tree branches away from your roofline.
- Put wire mesh in the downspouts of your gutter system.
- Trim your plants near the base and remove weeds and other unnecessary vegetation.
- Use a caulking gun to seal gaps.
- Apply hardware cloth to keep rats from getting in through louvers, gable vents, and other pathways.
- Remove clutter from your yard.
- Address moisture issues and remove containers that capture rainwater.
- Move wood piles away from your exterior.
If you need rodent control, keep Womack Pest Control in mind. We have been in business since 1943 and we have the experience and professionalism to give you the highest level of service. Connect with us today for assistance.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Technician arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and performed the job without any issues. The price was very reasonable.