Expert Pest Control Solutions In Germantown, MD
Is it common for you to walk into your bathroom and find a big ugly centipede clinging to your wall? Do spiders and their webs appear around your home? When you're tending to your landscaping, do you have to avoid tiny wasps hanging out near the ground? These and other pest issues are common in Germantown - if you don't have ongoing pest control service or guidance for reducing pest problems.
At Womack Pest Control, we offer both. We share tips for how you can naturally prevent pest problems and we provide maintenance and treatments to protect vulnerable points on your exterior. If you've been thinking about getting Montgomery County pest control or you want some great ideas for natural pest control in Germantown, read on.
Residential Pest Control In Germantown, MD
When potential pests enter your yard or explore your perimeter, there are some clever ways you can deter them naturally. Here are some recommendations we share with our residential pest control customers:
- Remove spider webs and spider eggs attached to webs to reduce spider populations around your home.
- Store dead branches in a plastic bin rather than on the ground to keep those branches from being a food source for subterranean termites.
- Pick clutter up to make your yard less attractive to mice and rats. These rodents use objects on the ground to help them navigate by touch.
- Clean your gutters and repair your gutter system to reduce perimeter moisture, a strong attractant for many pests.
- Address flowering weed problems throughout your lawn. Nectar is a desirable food source for wasps, bees, mosquitoes, ants, and other pests.
- Use a caulking gun to seal gaps and fill in holes in your exterior.
Some natural pest maintenance is best done by you, tasks such as replacing weatherstripping, repairing rotted wood, or installing a dehumidifier in your home. We help with natural pest maintenance jobs such as de-webbing, wasp nest removal, and exclusions. On top of pest maintenance, we apply appropriate treatments to add an extra layer of protection or to bolster your defense in vulnerable areas.
At Womack Pest Control, we use a scientific process to identify pest pressures, locate breeding sites, and discover conducive conditions before offering treatments and recommendations to get the highest level of protection with the least amount of pest control materials.
Commercial Pest Control In Germantown, MD
There are many industries in Germantown, and pest management can vary significantly from one business to the next. What pest services you need and what pest prevention is possible with your staff will depend on your industry.
We offer the treatments and recommendations to get the level of pest protection required. Our IPM-trained technicians use modern advancements in science to outsmart pests and target them as much as possible. Schedule a consultation and initial inspection with one of our commercial pest control service professionals to get started.
Why Homes In Germantown Need Professional Termite Protection
The termites we battle in Germantown are subterranean termites, the most destructive termites in the United States. These termites cost U.S. property owners over $5 billion annually. When you get professional termite pest control, you decide how much you will allow termites to cost.
Rather than having termites surprise you with costly property repairs, you can put the cost of your termite control right into your budget as a line item. There are enough surprises in life, aren't there? Reach out to Womack Pest Control today for a termite inspection and let our certified professionals guide you toward the best solution for your specific needs and budget.
What To Do About Rats On Your Germantown Property
When you see a rat in your yard, you can tell quite a bit about it by its color. Black rats are roof rats. They tend to climb trees and get onto roofs. When black rats get into your home, they're likely to stay permanently.
Brown rats are Norway rats. They're also referred to as ground rats because they often dig underground burrows. A brown rat is likely to go in and out of your home or business—though they can take up residence inside manufactured structures. These rats are capable climbers but will probably get into a crawl space, shed, storage closet, garage, or basement.
Here are a few tips to help you with black and brown rats:
- Trim tree branches away from your roofline.
- Put wire mesh in the downspouts of your gutter system.
- Trim your plants near the base and remove weeds and other unnecessary vegetation.
- Use a caulking gun to seal gaps.
- Apply hardware cloth to keep rats from getting in through louvers, gable vents, and other pathways.
- Remove clutter from your yard.
- Address moisture issues and remove containers that capture rainwater.
- Move wood piles away from your exterior.
If you need rodent control, keep Womack Pest Control in mind. We have been in business since 1943 and we have the experience and professionalism to give you the highest level of service. Connect with us today for assistance.
How To Prevent Ants From Invading Your Germantown Yard This Spring
Ants are one of the most common pests that you’ll see in your yard this spring, and rather than wait for their arrival, consider professional ant control in Germantown from Womack Pest Control. We have been providing homeowners with these services since 1943, and we pride ourselves on getting results for our customers. Today, we honor our proven track record while continuing to innovate and use the latest methods. If you’re concerned about potential ant problems, simply give us a call and one of our pest specialists will be right over to inspect your property.
We perform detailed property assessments so that we can understand the full picture of ants and what’s attracting them. This will also allow us to make a proper identification and learn if you’re dealing with carpenter ants, odorous house ants, or pavement ants. Once we’ve completed our inspection, we’ll go over our findings with you and develop a personalized treatment protocol for your home. All of our methods are built around the Integrated Pest Management approach. What this means is that our services are low-impact and built to create long-term relief. We’ll monitor your property closely and provide routine visits for ongoing protection. For more information on ant control for your home, please call us today.
What Causes Bed Bugs In Germantown Homes?
For Germantown homeowners, bed bugs may seem like an elusive topic, but they’re far easier to understand than people might think. These pests fall into the category of parasites, which means a few things. To start, it means that they feed off of hosts, which are usually people. It also means that they get transported via hosts by hitchhiking. If a person was to stay at a hotel that was unknowingly infested, they could very easily bring bed bugs into their own home on their personal belongings. And if that person doesn’t know that they have an infestation, they can easily bring it into their place of work.
A few other ways that bed bugs spread is by moving from property to property, which is especially easy in apartment buildings and offices. And bed bugs are notorious for getting carried around in used secondhand furniture and mattresses. For more information on bed bug control Germantown, call Womack Pest Control today.
The Best Way To Protect Yourself From Germantown's Mosquitoes
Each spring, you’ll notice mosquitoes start to populate around your Germantown yard and other properties. In order to protect yourself from them, try these tips:
- Be cognizant of water sources. Mosquitoes look for areas of standing water to lay their eggs, so turn over the water in kiddie pools, pet bowls, and bird baths regularly. You’ll also want to eliminate any stagnant water in buckets, outdoor equipment, and pool covers.
- Plant wisely. There are some plants that contain properties that might provide relief from mosquitoes. Consider incorporating citronella, lavender, basil, and other fresh herbs into your garden.
- Pay attention to landscaping. Mosquitoes will also look for damp and dark places to hide and lay their eggs, so trim back trees to expose the sunlight, clear away leaves, and keep your lawn short.
- Make yourself unappealing. While your genetics are largely responsible for whether or not mosquitoes are attracted to you, there are some things you can do to make yourself less enticing. These include not wearing perfume, applying an EPA-approved product like lemon eucalyptus oil, and staying indoors during dusk and dawn.
- Bring in help. When dealing with mosquitoes, there’s no replacement for seasonal mosquito control in Germantown from a pest specialist.
For more information on mosquito control in Germantown, call Womack Pest Control today.
Germantown's Step-By-Step Guide To Effective Spider Prevention
Spiders are drawn into Germantown’s properties because of ideal conditions and the presence of prey. Follow these steps to keep them away:
- Inspect everything. To start, look for any structural flaws around the foundation. Fill these with materials like expanding foam and silicone-based caulk. It’ll also be important to replace worn window screens. And before bringing packages inside, look for the presence of spiders or roaches.
- Clean up the yard. Spiders will often live outdoors, but sometimes come inside to look for food. To make a property unappealing to them, clear away all yard clutter, mow frequently, and de-web stone piles.
- Fix water problems. Not only are spiders attracted to moist conditions, but so are the pests that they eat. Make sure that all plumbing is functioning properly, fix leaky pipes, keep downspouts running smoothly, and be sure to shut sinks off rather than let them drip.
- Make cleaning a habit. The presence of food residue is highly attractive to the pests that spiders prey on, be sure to vacuum crumbs and wipe down surfaces regularly.
- Bring in help. Consider professional spider prevention in Germantown from a pest control company with a standing tradition of safe services.
For more information on spider control, call Womack Pest Control today.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Very thorough, Quality of work is better than any franchise companies!