How To Keep The Rodents In Rockville At Bay
February 24, 2023
Rodents have always relied on homeowners for shelter, food, and water. Unfortunately, having rodents in your Rockville house can lead to various problems.
The good news is that you can keep these rodents at bay with the help of Rockville pest control professionals. Other rodent control techniques, such as keeping your home clean, can also keep the pests away from your home. Understanding the common signs of rodent infestation and what attracts them to your home is the first step toward effective rodent control.
Spotting One Rodent In Your House Usually Means Many More
Rodents are solitary and are typically inconspicuous. Because of their predators, they have honed their ability to be excellent hiders and navigate their way around undetected. Consequently, if you see a rat or mouse, particularly during the day, there are likely many other rodents in the attic, basement, or walls that you are not seeing. Since rodents are nocturnal creatures, spotting them during the day usually indicates that they are searching for a new home, as their nests are congested.
Spotting one rodent in your home is enough for you to take action by calling experts in rodent control in Rockville.
All The Damages That Rodents Can Cause To Your Home
A rodent infestation can result in several issues, including food contamination, property damage, and the spread of illness:
- Food contamination: Rodents can contaminate food with their urine, feces, and saliva if they are able to access it.
- Property damage: Rodents can inflict property damage by gnawing on wood, wiring, drywall, and more.
- Spreading illnesses: Your family and pets can contract diseases from rodents. Rodents can spread hazardous infections, including typhus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, and hantavirus.
The best way to prevent property damage and keep your family safe from fires and diseases is to get rid of rodents when you spot them in your home.
Effectively Deterring Rodents Around Your Home
Rodents are one of the pests that are most challenging to keep out. You can take the following actions to make your home seem less inviting to them:
- Put your food in sealed containers and store them in the cabinets, fridge, or freezer.
- Keep garbage cans covered and empty them frequently.
- Use steel wool and other rodent-proof materials to patch openings and gaps in your foundation and exterior walls.
- Trim any plants and tree branches that droop low next to your property.
The best way to keep rodents away from your Rockville home is to make it less appealing to them. Eliminate food sources and seal openings that would let them into your house.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Rodents Around Your House
The tips mentioned above can be handy for preventing rat infestations, but they might not always be enough. This is especially true if you have an active infestation. Due to the health risk and potential harm handling rodents can cause, it is recommended to entrust Rockville pest management to the Womack Pest Control professionals.
Speaking with a pro can be helpful if you've seen rodents on your Rockville property or are worried about attracting them. Contact Womack Pest Control for more information on our rodent control services.