Trusted Pest Management Services In Potomac, MD
There are many ways to address pests around Potomac homes or businesses. Attractants can be removed or limited to reduce pest activity. You may perform property repairs to create physical barriers that keep pests out. Yard work, trash management, spider web removal, and other general pest maintenance tasks remove habits and deter pest reproduction and development. If you roll your sleeves up, you can have success at keeping pests out. But life gets busy, and it is often difficult to stay on top of these things. The good news is that you don't have to.
When you seek out Montgomery County pest control to obtain pest control service, you can have a licensed professional handle some of that hard work for you. In addition, your pest provider can apply treatments that bolster vulnerable areas, target colonies, and prevent pests from living next to your exterior walls. Join us as we look at a few of the many benefits of getting year-round pest control in Potomac.
Residential Pest Control In Potomac, MD
There are many ways you can manage pest problems beyond what your pest service provider will do, such as getting your gutters cleaned, replacing weatherstripping, and making sure to get your trash receptacles to the curb. But some tasks you are currently doing can be done by your pest control technician, tasks such as de-webbing, paper wasp nest removal, and sealing up pest entry points.
On top of natural pest maintenance, your Womack Pest Control home pest control technician may apply some or all of the following:
- A liquid barrier treatment around your home
- Dust treatments applied to joists or frames
- Granular treatments in flower beds and landscaping
- Spot treatments in your yard
- Mist treatments to get control of mosquitoes
- Bait applications to stop ant colonies
- Indoor treatments when necessary
These treatments work together to provide layer upon layer of protection. If you've had it with pests getting into your Potomac home, there is no better way to keep them out. We also provide unique services for pests that require special attention, such as subterranean termites, bed bugs, and rodents.
Jump to our contact page and connect with us. The service team here at Womack Pest Control can guide you toward an effective and long-lasting solution for all your pest concerns.
Commercial Pest Control In Potomac, MD
There are many ways you and your staff work to keep pests out. You may vacuum the rugs, sweep the floors, put the trash out each night, perform inspections to catch pest problems early, and remove spider webs. You may have someone on staff who applies silicon caulk around pipes, wire conduits, and other openings that pests use to get into your business.
When you hire an IPM commercial pest control provider, we take some of this work off your shoulders. For instance, we will seal potential entry points, remove webs, and wipe down key areas. But this is only the beginning. Our technicians:
- Perform inspections to evaluate pest pressures, breeding sites, conducive conditions, and other key factors
- Apply glue traps, bait stations, dusts, and other control products to monitor pest activity
- Install professional termite protection that is always active
- Perform bed bug inspections and apply targeted treatments
We address the pest challenges that impact your bottom line. Would you like to learn more or schedule your initial service? Connect with us. Our certified technicians look forward to helping you find the right solution.
Potomac Homeowner's Guide To Paper Wasp Prevention
If you're reading this in spring, we have good news. Spring is the right time to start thinking about paper wasp prevention in Potomac. Every winter, wasps die off. In spring, wasps create new nests and begin to grow new populations. You may be able to stop this from happening. Inspect the following locations for starter nests:
- The ceilings of open porches
- Underneath the rooflines on sheds
- attached to window and door frames
- On the ceilings in entryways
- Underneath decks and wooden staircases
If you find a little paper blob, look to see if there are any wasps around. Wasps are diurnal, so you should be able to knock these blobs down during the day. If you find a nest that has past the initial starter phase, or you see wasp activity but no nest, contact Womack Pest Control for nest removal.
The Problems Bed Bugs Can Cause In Your Potomac Home
Bed bugs are biting pests. Not only do bed bugs bite, each bed bug typically bites three times. It doesn't take many bed bugs to leave multiple bites on your skin. The primary issue with bed bugs is that repeated bites can lead to anemia.
Another problem with bed bugs is that they are notoriously hard to control. These insects have been dwelling almost exclusively with humans since the dawn of man. If they were easy to exterminate, there wouldn't be any bed bugs left in the world. Let our trained bed bug control technicians address your bed bug infestation so that you know for sure that no bugs remain in your home.
Steps Potomac Homeowners Can Take to Avoid Spiders
Spiders are primarily attracted to properties that are plentiful with pests to eat, ideal conditions, and some shelter. In order for homeowners to keep spiders away, they must take a multifaceted approach to prevention. Here are some helpful steps that you can take:
- Clear up the yard. A good place to start deterring spiders is the yard. Because they can hide in brush and piles of debris, be sure to eliminate all yard clutter. It’s also important to store firewood neatly and rake leaves before they collect.
- Address all moisture issues. Excess moisture can not only attract spiders but also their prey, like cockroaches, ants, and flies. Look for leaks both inside and outside of the home and fix any issues. Keep gutters clear and in good order and turn on dehumidifiers in areas like basements.
- Tidy up. Spiders can hide anywhere, as can their prey. Be sure to get rid of unnecessary piles of clutter and store seasonal clothing in plastic storage rather than cardboard boxes. Part of cleaning should also include being diligent about garbage removal and disinfecting to eliminate food residue.
- Fill in entry points. To actually keep spiders and other pests out, utilize products like door sweeps, weatherstripping, and caulk to address crevices and gaps around properties.
- Bring in reinforcements. Because spider prevention in Potomac can be complicated, the best solution is to call a trusted pest professional for routine service.
For more information on spider control, call Womack Pest Control today.
Three Easy & Effective Ant Control Tips For Potomac Homeowners
Ants are one of the most common nuisance pests for Potomac residents, and developing an infestation can happen without much notice. In order for homeowners to effectively address these pests, they should try these easy tips:
- Be cautious with food. One of the biggest attractions for ants is food, especially if it’s sweet or greasy. In order to limit all enticement, homeowners should line garbage bins with bags and take out the trash before it accumulates, store all food in airtight containers, clean up crumbs after mealtime, and address spills, even if it’s shampoo.
- Limit leaks. Ants are also lured by water build-up and drips, so make sure that gutters and downspouts are clear and working properly, and shut off all fixtures after using them.
- Seal up entry points. To keep ants out of the home, scrupulously inspect the home’s foundation and fill any crevices with expanding foam or caulk.
For even further ant prevention in Potomac, homeowners should look to Womack Pest Control for ongoing residential pest control. We optimize both interior and exterior treatments in order to draw out active ant problems as well as prevent future ones. With ongoing maintenance, we can keep ants away throughout the year. For more information on ant control in Potomac, call us today.
Everything You Want To Know About Mosquitoes In Potomac
Each spring, mosquitoes will start to appear around Potomac and this is no coincidence. They are seasonal pests that are attracted to the warmth and humidity that this time of year produces. Mosquitoes usually stick around throughout the fall or as conditions call for. The female mosquito is the one that bites you, because she needs your blood to reproduce. Factors like blood type, the presence of sweat or alcohol, and even the type of laundry detergent you use can impact whether or not mosquitoes will be attracted to you. The female mosquito then likely lays her eggs somewhere with standing water, like a bird bath or puddle.
It’s important to note that some mosquitoes do pose a health risk. While not every mosquito is capable of spreading the pathogens that cause West Nile virus or other illnesses, some are. Additionally, infected mosquitoes can be the source of heartworm in your dogs. To learn more about mosquito control in Potomac for your property, call Womack Pest Control today.
Three Sure Signs That Your Potomac Home Has A Cockroach Problem
A cockroach problem can be difficult to detect in your Potomac home because these pests are masters at hiding from people. Roaches are also primarily nocturnal and they rarely leave the area surrounding their food or water source. That said, these three signs might help you identify a cockroach infestation in your own home:
- Actual cockroaches. Finding roaches, whether they’re alive or dead, tends to be a very helpful indication of an outbreak. Small infestations usually contain a minimum of five members, while heavy infestations can easily contain over 20.
- The presence of byproducts. While living in your home, cockroaches will shed their skin during their molting process and they will also leave behind lots of fecal matter and eggshells. If you find any of these signs in your kitchen or bathroom, there are likely roaches not too far behind.
- An unusual odor. Lastly, cockroaches emit a very strong and unpleasant stench through their pheromones. This musty smell is actually a signal to other roaches that your home is safe to invade.
For more information on cockroach control in Potomac, call Womack Pest Control today.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
I have this company for years and they are excellent! Honest, reliable, timely and effective! I highly recommend!