What’s not to love about Northern Virginia? We have the best mix of history, culture, dining, and shopping there is to offer, along with easy access to Washington, DC. But it’s not just people who flock to our amazing towns and cities. Pests are also drawn to the mix of natural spaces, urban environments, and temperate climate. Luckily for residents and business owners, there are quality options for professional Northern Virginia pest control. Here’s what you need to know about the residential and commercial services offered by Womack Pest Control, as well as some common area pests and the problems they cause.
Residential Pest Control In Northern Virginia
When you need pest control for your Northern Virginia home, it’s important to look for a professional with experience and a solid reputation. Womack Pest Control is a local, family-owned pest control company with four generations of the Womack family serving area homes for over 75 years. We work hard to provide the safest and most effective treatments available. Our home pest control services include inspection, treatment, and follow up to get pests out of your home and keep them from coming back. We also offer specialty services, including:
- Ant Control
- Bed Bug Control
- Mosquito Reduction
- Real Estate Inspections
- Rodent Control
- Termite Control
- Wood Destroying Pest Control
Call today to schedule your free, no-obligation inspection and learn what we can do for your home.
Commercial Pest Control In Northern Virginia
It’s not just homes that need protection from pests. Businesses in Northern Virginia are just as susceptible to infestations and are often even more vulnerable to pests. At Womack Pest Control, we can work with you to inspect both the interior and exterior of your property to identify risks and develop a plan to meet your pest control needs. With over 75 years of experience, we are the local experts and are known for our outstanding customer service. We will work with you to design a pest control plan that fits your needs and solves your commercial pest control problems no matter what type of business you run. Call or connect with us online today to get started.
Ant Prevention Tips Northern Virginia Residents Should Know
Ants are some of the most common pests in Northern Virginia. Some species can be a health hazard by contaminating food, spreading pathogens, and delivering painful stings, while others damage property or overtake properties with large colonies.
Once ants make their way onto your property, they can be extremely difficult to get out. You can discourage ants from settling near your home with the following steps:
- Eliminate access to food sources. Ants are after an easy meal. You can limit this attraction by storing food in airtight containers, covering indoor and outdoor trash cans and emptying them regularly, and keeping floors and counters clean of crumbs and spills.
- Limiting excess moisture. Ants and other pests are attracted to homes that offer water access. You can avoid this by fixing any leaky plumbing, addressing condensation issues, maintaining drainage systems, and using dehumidifiers in poorly ventilated areas.
- Reducing entry points. Making it harder for ants to get inside can help encourage them to keep moving. Seal cracks and crevices in your exterior walls and foundation, install weatherstripping and door sweeps, fix or replace torn screens, and check for gaps where utilities enter your home.
- Clean up the yard. Ants are drawn to leaf and brush piles and other debris. If you have ants in your yard, they will be more likely to find their way into your home. Keep ants away from your property by maintaining landscaping.
Preventing ants in Northern Virginia is far easier than eliminating an infestation. If you need help preventing or controlling ants on your property, call the professionals at Womack Pest Control.
The Problems Bed Bugs Can Cause In Your Northern Virginia Home
Bed bugs are interesting pests. There are not many infestations more highly despised, and yet these parasitic insects do not spread disease or damage property. So what is the problem with these pests?
Bed bugs may not be an immediate hazard, but having them in your home is no walk in the park. Bed bugs are insidious pests that make their way inside homes and then begin to multiply and spread. They are almost like the house version of headlice. They leave you itchy and paranoid. Once they are inside your home, they spread like wildfire across your home and can be nearly impossible to remove without professional help. Not only that, but anyone who has a bed bug infestation at home is likely spreading it to their workplace and their friends. Bed bugs are a pest that is far better to prevent than to treat.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Technician arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and performed the job without any issues. The price was very reasonable.