Expert Pest Management Services In Gaithersburg, MD
Located just 13 miles from Washington, D.C., the city of Gaithersburg, MD is an ideal place to spend time. With our close proximity to the nation’s capital, we have access to all the excitement of D.C., and even though we are one of the largest cities in Maryland, we still maintain a small-town ambiance that can’t be beaten. However, pest activity is a year-round issue here in Gaithersburg, and that puts local homes and businesses in danger of experiencing pest infestation.
If you’re looking for quality Montgomery County pest control, you’ve come to the right place. Womack Pest Control is a family-owned and operated company that has been providing complete residential and commercial pest control solutions to Gaithersburg and the surrounding areas since 1943. Our highly-trained pest technicians work hard to provide customized pest solutions that go above and beyond in both service and satisfaction. Reach out to us today to request your free estimate and inspection.
Residential Pest Control In Gaithersburg, MD
With more than 70,000 residents living in Gaithersburg, there are many homes for local pests to get into. A household pest infestation can be very dangerous for your home and your loved ones. Our residential pest control solutions give you year-round coverage from infestation.
Our process includes the following:
- Interior and exterior property check to look for signs of pest activity
- Paying close attention to conducive conditions, entry points, foundation
- Looking at whatever the customer tells us they are seeing
- Detailed analysis and recommended treatment provided by the pest technician
- Same day/next day scheduling offered when available
- Treating all problem areas found in the inspection
- Entry points, nesting areas, and obvious harborage spots
- Interior and exterior treatments, applying materials as deemed necessary
- One to two-hour treatments, depending on the situation/size of the property
- Monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly
- Customized depending on needs
- Targeted exterior treatment; interior treated as needed
We offer a service warranty for recurring services, meaning we’ll come back to re-treat your home for free should pest problems return between scheduled service visits. Call today to learn more about our home pest control plans.
Commercial Pest Control In Gaithersburg, MD
Gaithersburg is home to more than 4,000 businesses. If you own a business in the area, that means the competition is tough, and you need to do everything in your power to keep your reputation as positive as possible. That means keeping pests out of your facility.
The team at Womack Pest Control offers comprehensive commercial pest control solutions to all kinds of local businesses. Get in touch with us today to set up your inspection right away.
Is This Spider In My Gaithersburg Home Dangerous?
Spiders are cringe-worthy pests that crawl around your space and invade every nook and cranny of your home. They’re unsettling to look at, let alone discover on your own property. If you find any of these creepy crawlers in your house, you’re probably wondering if the spiders in your Gaithersburg home are dangerous?
The truth is, other than spiders being an uncomfortable nuisance, most spiders are harmless. While some spiders certainly bite, and some of them can be venomous, the majority of spider species aren’t a real threat to humans. They’re certainly not a welcome sight in any home or business, but they pose no serious danger.
The only dangerous spiders to be wary of are the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider. For guaranteed spider control and prevention services for your home, call in the experts at Womack Pest Control. We’re here to help.
What Gaithersburg Property Owners Should Know About Ticks
Ticks are parasitic pests that are present in Maryland all year long. As a local resident, you get exposure to the dangers of ticks, and it’s important to familiarize yourself with some basic tick behaviors and tendencies. Here’s what Gaithersburg property owners should know about ticks:
- Ticks are often mistaken for insects, but they’re actually arachnids. They’re small in size but become enlarged and swollen after feeding. Ticks latch onto their host and feed on their blood meal.
- You can usually find ticks in tall grass, wooded paths, and densely vegetated areas like leaf piles and shrubbery.
- As parasitic pests, ticks are capable of transmitting a long list of illnesses into the blood of their hosts. One of the most common tick-borne illnesses is Lyme disease, but some other well-known conditions include anaplasmosis, chikungunya, dengue, ehrlichiosis, encephalitis, Heartland virus, malaria, and Powassan virus.
The most effective way to protect yourself from ticks and the negative consequences they bring with them is to call in the experts. Here at Womack Pest Control, we’re proud to provide year-round coverage from tick activity, offering lasting protection from infestation and the dangers that come with it. Contact us today to discuss your tick control and prevention needs.
Are These Ants In My Gaithersburg Home Dangerous?
Ants that invade your Gaithersburg home can be a nuisance, but some species can even be dangerous to deal with. Gaithersburg is home to carpenter ants, pavement ants, Argentine ants, and odorous house ants. Carpenter ants are the most hazardous to your property as they will tunnel their way through wooden structures, ruining areas of your home and bringing a risk of structural collapse.
Additionally, all ant species can bite humans, potentially triggering allergic reactions or leaving behind itchy, painful bumps. Ants are also known to spread diseases through their scavenging activities; as they crawl over surfaces and into food storage areas, they increase your chances of picking up an illness.
Ant control in Gaithersburg is essential if you want to stop ants from running wild on your property. Womack Pest Control will help you keep ants far away from your property so you can stay safe from the dangers this pest brings.
What Makes Bed Bugs In Gaithersburg So Hard To Get Rid Of?
Bed bugs are one of the trickiest insects to remove from your Gaithersburg property, and it’s a well-earned reputation. These pests are small, dark-colored, and easy to miss due to their expert hiding skills. Most individuals don’t notice a bed bug infestation around their property until serious consequences occur, such as itchy bed bug bites and a loss of sleep.
DIY bed bug control is unlikely to be helpful as bed bugs hide in the most unsuspecting areas and need professional treatment if you want to ensure elimination. Instead of dealing with this hard-to-manage pest by yourself, trust in Womack Pest Control for expert bed bug removal. Our team will work with you directly to diagnose your bed bug issues and the scale of your problem before providing solutions that help you remove this pest.
Contact Womack Pest Control for the most reliable bed bug control, and get rid of this tricky pest today.
Six Easy & Effective Mosquito Control Tips For Gaithersburg Property Owners
Controlling mosquitoes around your Gaithersburg property can seem impossible due to the size of this pest and its prolific nature. Still, with help from Womack Pest Control and these mosquito control tips, you can deter infestations of this pest from settling around your property:
- Remove all areas of standing water around your property, as even an inch or two of standing water provides an easy mosquito breeding ground.
- Treat water features such as bird baths on your property with an animal-safe larvicide to stop mosquitoes from thriving in these areas.
- Cut back long grasses and overgrown foliage, and remove woodpiles or other outdoor debris to reduce mosquito harborage areas.
- Ensure all windows and doors around your property have sturdy screens and weather stripping to keep mosquitoes outside and prevent interior invasions.
- Fix moisture issues that contribute to humid, moist, or damp areas indoors and outdoors, as these are highly likely to attract mosquitoes.
- Plant citronella, rosemary, basil, or other plants mosquitoes dislike around your property to deter this pest from settling in outdoor areas.
If you have more questions about mosquito control or prevention strategies that will help you combat this pest, contact Womack Pest Control today. We’ll ensure we meet all of your property’s mosquito control needs and eliminate this pest for good.
How To Tell If Your Gaithersburg Property Has Termites
Termites are highly destructive and one of the most challenging pests to remove from your Gaithersburg property, especially if an infestation is already widespread. It’s essential to keep an eye out for signs of termites if you want to get a head start on termite removal and eliminate this pest before the situation magnifies.
Warning signs that termites are invading include discarded wings around doors and windows, frass (looks like wood shavings) around baseboards, doorjambs, and windowsills, rustling or clicking noises in the walls at night, and mud tubes that appear outside or along the foundation of your property.
Seeing any of these signs indicates that termites are living on your property. You may even notice termite damage, such as sinking floors and ceilings, wood that breaks away easily, and tight-fitting doors and windows.
If you suspect termites are causing issues around your Gaithersburg property, don’t hesitate to contact Womack Pest Control. The sooner you reach out to our professionals, the sooner you can receive expert termite removal that eliminates this pest's active infestations and helps you keep future infestations at bay.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Technician arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and performed the job without any issues. The price was very reasonable.