Reliable Pest Control Solutions In Damascus, MD
Damascus, MD, is a lovely D.C. suburb with a population of around 17,000 people. Filled with rural landscaping and open spaces, Damascus offers a genuine small-town charm that is unmatched. However, things are no longer charming when pest activity enters the picture. Pests are present in Damascus all year long, which means local homes and businesses are vulnerable to experiencing infestations. If you want to guard your property against the nightmare of a pest infestation, look no further than the pros at Womack Pest Control.
We are a local family owned and operated business that has provided personalized pest solutions to Damascus homes and businesses since 1943. We’re proud to service all kinds of clients, such as local homeowners, office buildings, schools, apartments, and all residential, commercial, and industrial properties. Whatever pest pressure you’re facing, we’ve got your back. Womack Pest Control is the #1 choice for all your control and extermination needs. Reach out to us today to secure reliable Montgomery County pest control.
Residential Pest Control In Damascus
Here at Womack Pest Control, we’re ready to protect your Damascus home from the detriments of household pest infestations. We deal with local invaders, like ants, bed bugs, stinging insects, cockroaches, fleas, ticks, rodents, spiders, termites, mosquitoes, and flies. We’re here for you every step of the way, from start to finish.
Because we have been in business since 1943, you can trust us to take care of whatever pest problem you’re facing quickly and effectively. Many of our customers have come from referrals, and we’re proud to say we know more about local pests than just about anyone else! Give us a call today to discuss your residential pest control needs.
Commercial Pest Control In Damascus
Our commercial pest solutions provide Damascus businesses with complete protection from pests. We start by consulting the customer to determine what they are seeing and experiencing and what kinds of services they need from us as a pest control company. From there, we complete the following:
- Inspection – We will do an inspection of the exterior and interior, looking for conducive conditions, harborage areas, entry points, and any signs of pests.
- Treatment – After providing a customized pest report, we come up with a treatment strategy to fit the specific needs of your facility.
- Follow Up – We schedule our return visits on a customized basis, usually weekly, twice a month, monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly.
We’ve services all kinds of businesses, including office buildings, medical buildings, places of worship, restaurants, storage facilities, and apartment buildings. Reach out to learn more about our commercial pest control services.
A Handy Guide To German Cockroaches For Damascus Homeowners
German cockroaches are the most common species to invade homes. Here is a handy guide to German cockroaches for Damascus homeowners:
- As the smallest of all roach species, German cockroaches can easily fit into tiny cracks and crevices.
- They prefer to reside indoors, seeking access to food, waste, water, and harborage areas.
- They reproduce at a very fast rate; one female can lay anywhere from eighteen to fifty eggs at a time.
- These eggs take less than two months to hatch and fully evolve into reproducing adult cockroaches.
- It would take less than a year for one single female cockroach to create an infestation of thousands.
The best way to protect yourself from German cockroaches is to seek help from your local pest experts. Call Womack Pest Control today for all your roach control and prevention needs.
What Every Damascus Property Owner Needs To Know About House Mice
If you discover a mouse in your home, chances are others are hiding in the wall voids. Mice reproduce at an extremely rapid rate, so it’s very easy for an infestation to grow and grow until it becomes unmanageable. Here’s what every Damascus property owner needs to know about house mice:
- The common house mouse has a dusty gray coloration with a lighter-toned underbelly. They can vary in color, ranging from dark gray to light brown and many neutral shades in between.
- House mice have four legs and a rounded shape. Their tails are relatively long compared to the size of their bodies. They have a pointed snout and round, hairy ears.
- House mice leave urine, fecal droppings, saliva, and nesting materials, all of which contaminate your home and expose you to harmful pathogens. They spread bacteria as they crawl around from place to place, leaving you and your loved ones susceptible to adverse health effects.
- House mice gnaw incessantly on everything they can sink their teeth into. Most notably, house mice are known to chew on electrical wiring, which can easily lead to fires.
The best way to protect your home is to call in your local pest experts. Reach out to Womack Pest Control to address your mouse control needs today.
What Smells Will Keep Damascus Bed Bugs Away?
With so many bed bugs making their way toward Damascus, it’s no surprise that home and business owners are searching for long-lasting, effective, and efficient prevention tools. Many locals rely on DIY efforts and online remedies to defend their properties from bed bugs, including the use of plants, spices, and essential oils to dissuade their approach via smell.
There is some merit to the idea that bed bugs dislike certain scents. According to research, the smells bed bugs hate include lavender oil, cinnamon, and tea tree oil. Other scents, including rubbing alcohol and vinegar, may also have a slight effect.
However, scents alone are not enough to stop bed bug infestations completely. While they may be useful in a holistic approach to prevention, they can do little, if anything, against established infestations. Stronger protocols will be necessary to remove current populations, including the professional services of Womack Pest Control.
Get started on a bed bug control plan all your own. Contact Womack Pest Control today to speak with a representative.
Six No-Sweat Ant Control Tips For Damascus Property Owners
What’s worse than one ant colony besieging your Damascus home? Two ant colonies!
Ants can be almost impossible to manage around the properties of Damascus. From their trigger-happy budding process to their resilient exoskeletons, getting rid of ants is harder than any other form of localized pest control. In fact, we get calls almost every day about how to control ants around Damascus homes.
Fortunately, there are some quick and simple ways to prevent ants from scouting around your property. All you need to do is:
- Get rid of standing water sources both inside and outside the house. Inside, repair clogged drains and leaky pipes. Outside, fill potholes and ditches to drain vernal pools.
- Exterminate potential feeding sources. Sources include bird seed, dog food, chicken feed, and any crumbs or spills left outside after a party.
- Seal up the house against pests. Waterproof caulking is the best and most efficient way to fill cracks, gaps, and other hairline fractures around the house.
- Do not disturb the ant colony while outside. Environmental pressures or stressors will cause the colony to bud into two or more separate colonies, which expands the ant presence around your home.
- Keep the yard well maintained. Keep all grass mowed, all trees pruned, and all bushes trimmed back. The fewer harborage zones there are, the fewer ant colonies there will be.
- Partner with Womack Pest Control for regular ant inspections, treatments, and control. Our services will manage and monitor outstanding infestations in just a single phone call.
Let’s get you protected the Womack Pest Control way. Get in touch with us today to inquire about ant control in Damascus.
What You May Not Know About The Mosquitoes In Damascus
Biting insects are frustrating, annoying, and downright dangerous to Damascus homeowners. Although many of us understand the threats they pose to pets and loved ones, we often forget to consider the overwhelming dangers resulting from their spread and reach.
For example, mosquito bites transmit far more than diseases; they can transfer many different kinds of parasites through a single bite, including heartworm and Plasmodium falciparum, the vector that causes malaria. Heartworm is one of the deadliest illnesses affecting dogs, cats, and larger mammals, while malaria may prove fatal to humans and at-risk individuals.
What’s more, mosquito bites also have the potential to inflict a less considered side effect; secondary infections. Itchy bites lead victims to scratch until they bleed, creating open wounds that may be vulnerable to bacteria, viruses, and more. These wounds are more prevalent in younger children or those with higher itch sensitivity.
The mosquito populations of Damascus shouldn’t be allowed near your property for any reason. If you’re looking for a reason to love your yard without the threat of mosquitoes, turn to the experts at Womack Pest Control. Our seasonal mosquito control program is perfectly adapted to meet and exceed your expectations.
Call now for a free, no-obligation inspection.
What To Do If Termites Have Made Their Way Into Your Damascus Home
Tiny termite terrors make their way into your Damascus home? Never fear! Getting help is just a phone call away.
First, try not to panic. Termite infestations are not world-ending problems that will continuously affect your home. Take a deep breath, relax, and proceed through each of these steps:
- Document the termite activity. Pictures, videos, and dead termites are more than enough to help your inspector out.
- Next, call Womack Pest Control for a comprehensive termite inspection. Our team will use your gathered information to determine the location of local termites.
- Wait for your termite solutions to be applied. We’ll have your home back to normal in no time!
You can get a comprehensive quote for termite treatments today. Reach out to Womack Pest Control to connect with a caring, informative provider.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Technician arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and performed the job without any issues. The price was very reasonable.