Pest Control In Bethesda, MD
Bethesda, Maryland, is a storied location. Situated just north of Washington, D.C., Bethesda is a hotbed of commerce and activity. Currently, the town hosts 70,000 people and enjoys a robust housing market, excellent schools, and an attractive, bustling downtown.
Businesses excel in Bethesda, with many national corporations maintaining offices in the area. Bethesda is also home to Walter Reed Medical Center and the National Institutes of Health, making it one of the foremost in health-related learning and teaching.
Something that’s unhealthy about the area, however, is house pests.
- Maryland has hundreds of reported tick-related cases of Lyme Disease a year. Local pest control services are necessary to stay safe.
- Tick-related alpha-gal syndrome is on the rise in Maryland. A single bite can lead to a lifetime of decreased quality of life.
- Maryland hosts both the Black Widow and Brown Recluse spiders – both very venomous spiders that can and do cause harm to humans. Brown Recluse bites can be especially devastating, causing permanent injuries or scars.
You want your home or business to be a safe place to live or conduct business. Call or email Womack Pest Control today to see how we can help you stay free of dangerous pests with local pest control services. We are proud to offer high-quality Montgomery County pest control programs and have done so since 1943.
Residential Pest Control In Bethesda
Your home should be your castle instead of your hassle. House pests, whether dangerous or not, can put a frown on your face. Beyond that, not knowing which spiders are harmful and which ones aren’t can make homeowners nervous and unsettled. The discovery of spiders in the home often brings questions. Are there more of them? Why do I have them? What’s the best way to get rid of them?
- Womack Pest Control has answers for all of these questions, and we know what to do when we find residential bugs.
- We’ve operated in Montgomery County and greater Maryland since 1943. With over 70-years of experience, we know which bugs live here, how they work, and how to get rid of them with home pest control services.
- We work with customers on a mix of services and pricing to meet all needs.
Our name is our business, and that means a lot to us. Every job we perform reflects on us as a company, and we want you to be happy.
Contact Womack Pest Control today for home pest control services at any time! We can help you get rid of buggy problems when you find them, but we also specialize in minimizing the risks of pest problems in the first place.
Commercial Pest Control In Bethesda
Business is good in Bethesda, but the risks of house pests are bad. Pests demoralize and frighten staff, clients, and patrons. Once pests start appearing, people will turn away. Spiders and ticks are great travelers and enter your business in various ways.
Once a problem is identified, quick and efficient action is needed to get things back to normal. Better than that, using commercial pest control services can keep busy managers and store owners from worrying about pests in the first place.
Womack Pest Control in Bethesda, Maryland, is the company to use when you want things set right fast.
- Our comprehensive training keeps us up-to-date on the latest pest control techniques and methods.
- Our in-depth site investigation and analysis let us dial in fast on the problem and then become the solution.
- Our ongoing inspection and treatment packages allow us to assist you in keeping your business free of ticks and spiders.
Call us today if you want to work with the area leader in commercial pest control services. Womack Pest Control has what it takes to bring you peace of mind.
Bethesda's Guide To Preventing House Spiders
Are you worried about house spiders invading your Bethesda home? Here are some great tips to keep house spiders out of your home:
- Turn Off Outdoor Lights At Night: Though security is a good thing, lights bring bugs, and the spiders will follow. If lights are necessary, use bulbs that don’t draw bugs.
- Remove The Webs: Get rid of spider webs when you see them. If you make it challenging for spiders to stick around, they often leave for places where they won’t be disturbed as much.
- Get Rid Of Clutter: A lot of clutter means a lot of places for bugs to hide, and spiders just love that. Getting rid of clutter gets rid of bugs and the house spiders that like to eat them.
- Don’t Make It Easy For Them: Spiders and ticks often find their way in from the outside via small openings in the home. Inspect and seal/fix door and window screens, door sweeps and gaskets, cracks and holes in walls, and gaps in siding. Without easy access, bugs will keep on moving.
- Don’t Go It Alone: While these techniques are definitely helpful, they don’t cover all aspects of home bug defense.
Womack Pest Control is the company to use to keep your home and business safe. Call or email us today to see how we can help protect you from ticks and spiders.
What To Do If Bitten By A Tick In Bethesda
Tick bites are often hard to detect because you usually don’t know you’re being bitten. In fact, ticks can start drawing blood without causing a sting. Many ticks are tiny, making them even harder to find, leading to tick bites discovered only after the tick has been in place for a while.
Here’s what to do if you discover a tick:
- Don’t Panic: Not all tick bites are the same. Some tick bites are just that – a simple tick bite.
- Carefully Remove The Tick: Use a gentle pulling motion with tweezers to get the tick off. Take your time, and don’t twist the tick. Be sure not to crush it with the tweezers.
- Keep The Tick: Doing this can help with identification later, especially if the bite proves to be problematic. A carefully sealed Ziploc bag is excellent for this.
- Clean-Up: Thoroughly wash your hands and the bite site with disinfectant, soap, or other skin-safe products to protect the area from further complications.
- Call The Doctor, If Needed: If you develop flu-like symptoms, headache, fever, difficulty moving, heart palpitations, or other concerning symptoms, call your physician. Don’t be shy. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it’s better to get it checked out.
Are you ready to say goodbye to tick problems? Reach out to us today and let us help bring you peace of mind about ticks with our tick control services.
The Best Way To Deal With A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Bethesda Home
Getting to sleep can be difficult enough most days. With all the thoughts rushing through your head, the last thing you need to worry about is bed bugs crawling around in your home and biting you while you sleep.
If you have bed bugs in your home, you’ll want to get rid of them as quickly as possible. The best way to accomplish this is with professional bed bug control. At Womack Pest Control, we always begin our bed bug treatments with a thorough inspection of your home to determine the extent of the infestation. Based on the inspection results, we'll develop a treatment plan to quickly eliminate the bed bugs in your home. As part of our process, we'll also help you prep your home for treatment to ensure that nothing gets ruined while we are removing bed bugs.
Don't let these tiny and annoying pests rob you of your precious sleep. Call us immediately for professional bed bug control, and let one of our highly trained technicians get you back to sleeping peacefully in no time.
What You Need To Know To Keep Mosquitoes Out Of Your Bethesda Yard
Anyone who has spent any time outside in Bethesda during the warmer months of the year knows how annoying mosquitoes can be. These pests are especially irritating because the months when mosquitoes are active are also the months we want to spend more of our time outside. Having mosquitoes buzzing around can ruin even the best barbeques, tailgates, graduation parties, or other outdoor events.
The good news is that there are steps you can take to keep mosquitoes out of your yard. The number one thing you can do on your own to deter mosquitoes is to eliminate the standing water they need to breed. Pay attention to areas where even small amounts of water can accumulate, including:
- Empty flower pots
- Kiddie pools
- Old tires
Standing water can also accumulate in low-lying areas of your property, which can be hard to prevent. That is why the best way to prevent mosquitoes is with a mosquito control plan from Womack Pest Control. We offer mosquito reduction guaranteed to protect your home and property from these biting pests.
As part of our mosquito control process, we’ll identify the conditions on your property that may attract mosquitoes and help you correct them. Then we will use backpack sprayers to apply a mist treatment to your entire property and return every three weeks to re-apply the treatment to keep your yard mosquito-free. We also offer one-time mosquito treatments for big events like weddings, graduation parties, or family barbeques.
Why You Should Call The Pros About Rodents In Your Bethesda Home
Having rodents around your Bethesda home may not feel threatening or scary. Their cute little faces and whiskers can make them look more like a pet than a pest, but rodents can be bad news. Unfortunately, mice and rats can damage your home, spread diseases, and even cause floods and fires.
When you see a rodent in your home, you may consider taking the DIY approach to rodent control to save money. You may run out to the store, grab some baits and traps, catch a few mice, and think you are solving the problem. Unfortunately, DIY rodent control doesn't get to the root of the infestation. As fast as rodents breed, trying to eliminate them one at a time just isn't practical. The infestation will continue to grow, and you will continue to waste time and money fighting a never-ending battle against rodents.
Instead of wasting your time, money, and energy trying to eliminate the rodents on your own, call us for professional rodent control. We'll quickly eradicate the rodents living in your home and help you make the necessary changes around your property to keep them from returning.
What Not To Do If You Spot Signs Of Termites Around Your Bethesda Property
Termites are a homeowner's worst nightmare. Not only are they incredibly destructive, but they are also difficult to spot, meaning termites can destroy your home from the inside out, and you won't even know they are there. One of the best ways to avoid this destruction is to understand the signs of a termite infestation, which include:
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home
- Paint that is uneven or bubbling
- Discarded wings near doors and windows
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
Seeing any of these signs indicates that you have a termite infestation and must act quickly.
If you have a termite infestation in your home, you should never ignore it or try to treat termites on your own. Instead, call us for professional termite control. We'll confirm the presence of termites in your home and use Termidor® liquid treatment to eliminate the termites quickly. We will also build a barrier of protection around your home to keep termites from returning so your home and wallet remain safe from termites permanently.
What Womack Pest Control Customers Are Saying
I have this company for years and they are excellent! Honest, reliable, timely and effective! I highly recommend!