Womack Pest Control Proudly Defends Rockville, MD From Wood Eating Pests
Termites aren't the only things wanting to make a snack out of your home or business. Carpenter bees, carpenter ants, powder post beetles, and old house borers all want a seat at the table, whether your home or business is old or new. And like their termite siblings, they can and will cause immense damage to your home or business.
Womack Pest Control is honored to step into the fray, providing pest control for Rockville locals with wood-destroying pest treatments. We've fought a running battle against home-wrecking bugs since our company was founded in 1943, and we've never lost a fight. Serving Montgomery County and the greater Maryland area, we provide wood-eating pest control solutions for homes, office buildings, schools, and apartments.
Call now for a quote.
What To Expect From Wood Destroying Pest Treatments From Womack Pest Control
Womack Pest Control's tradition of commitment and skill has persisted throughout our history. We understand the dangers of wood-destroying pests and want to get rid of them for all our customers.
Womack Pest Control currently protects against wood-destroying pests such as carpenter bees, carpenter ants, powder post beetles, and old house borers. We use a research-driven approach to treating insects near your property:
- We offer free inspections to identify both active and potential dangers.
- We have a step-by-step approach to dealing with wood-eating pests, and you are involved with every step – no unanswered questions and no fretting.
- We tailor our fixes to your problems. No generic wood-eating pest control here. Your home or business is special to you, and therefore it is special to us.
- We offer a variety of programs that also let you select singular treatments or ongoing inspections. Our preventative treatments give you maximum safety and security.
- Our name is our business, and that means a lot to us. We pride ourselves on ethical, reasonable rates and best business practices. We want everyone to be successful and happy with our outcomes – except wood-eating bugs.
Womack Pest Control is your strong Montgomery County and greater Maryland ally in the fight against wood-destroying bugs. We know the area. We know all of the area's pests, how they operate, and how to get rid of them. We also offer free inspections to help you get started.
Tips To Decrease The Chances That You Will Have To Deal With Wood Destroying Pests
Below are some of the most efficient ways to protect against a wood-destroying pest infestation:
- Keep outside wood painted. When bugs see unpainted, weathered wood, they hear dinner bells.
- Keep basements, crawl spaces, and attics well ventilated and dry. Wet means bugs.
- Repair leaking faucets outside the home if necessary.
- Direct AC-unit runoff away from the house instead of letting water build up close to the outside walls.
- Repair or replace damaged shingles immediately.
- Promptly seal all holes, gaps, cracks, and splits in exterior walls. Also, repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Inspect and repair or replace all weather stripping around the home regularly. If the weatherstripping is letting water in, bugs will soon follow.
- Store firewood at least 20-feet away from the house and at least 5-inches off the ground.
- Keep mulch away from the foundation. Wood-destroying pests might come for a mulch appetizer and then stay for the main course – your house or business.
- Have a professional pest inspection at least every three years, but once a year is better. The sooner a problem is identified, the sooner that problem can be eliminated.
Though these are good practices for decreasing the chances of encountering wood-destroying pests around your home or business, these pesky critters can still come calling. When that happens, don't worry. Call or email us instead. We can help you show wood-destroying pests the door, just like we've done since 1943.
Womack Pest Control Goes The Distance With You
If you have an infestation of wood-destroying pests or want to avoid them in the first place, call or email Womack Pest Control.
We have everything it takes to get and keep your home secure:
- We are a family-owned, locally-based company with four generations of knowledge and experience.
- We have a solid referral list of excellent contractors that can assist you in repairing your home after we've beaten the bugs. Once the damage is done, it can be undone.
- We are innovative. We stay abreast of any new treatment approaches for controlling and eliminating pests. If it works, we want to know about it, especially if it makes us better at what we do.
- Safety. We insist on environmentally safe methods and treatment materials for wood-destroying pests because we want to keep your home and you safe.
Call or email today to learn more about wood-destroying pest services in Rockville. Womack Pest Control is ready to help.